As a United Methodist Church we believe similarly to most other Protestant churches.
So what makes us unique?
- Wesley and the early Methodists were particularly concerned about inviting people to experience God's grace and to grow in their knowledge and love of God through disciplined Christian living. Something Wesley referred to as "practical divinity"
- Grace is central to our understanding of the Christian faith and life. We believe the movement of grace works in three ways: Prevenient, Justifying, and Sanctifying.
- Prevenient Grace is with us always. It is this grace that "woos" us to God. It is this grace that "wakes us up" to our need for God.
- Justifying Grace is that grace which reconciles us to God as we recognize and repent of our sin. Sanctifying Grace is "grace for the journey." It is the ongoing experience of God's gracious presence, transforming us into whom God intends for us to be.
- Service and Mission are crucial to our mission to make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.